Thursday, August 18, 2011

Behold….Sheila ki jawani auntie!!


A very, very good friend just told me that her 3.5 yr old daughter wants to grow up and become Shiela ki jawaani auntie. Well…..ummm good choice? What do I say?!! When I was her age I don’t think I ever wanted to grow up and become anything other than my mom. And a few years later it was doctor on Monday, politician on Tuesday, James Bond on Wednesday….so on and so forth.
So this reminded me of all those little girls with their Hannah Montana accessories and the perfect Barbie doll outfits. In fact, one of them always, always walked on her toes like a ballerina.
Hmm looks like skin deep beauty is deeper than we thought. Deeper than all our culture and tradition put together. Don’t get me wrong, I obsesses, literally obsess over what I have to wear and my skin and cosmetics(also my weight, but that's a secret). Every time I tell someone that I am a mom….I actually, desperately expect them to say “Oh my god, you look so young. I thought you weren’t even married.” Always makes my day, leaves me grinning like an idiot for the next week at least.
However, back to the question of my lovely 3.5 yr old son’s 3.5 year old best friend. Aww come on, you look so much more adorable and beautiful and amazing than all the Sheilas, Munnis, Angelinas and Lindsays put together. And you would always! But you know what, have more than just your awesome looks to fall back on. Have a fabulous brain to carry on those perfect shoulders.
No one cares if you are a Kalpana Chawla or a Katrina Kaif, be someone, do something and don’t just exist. Dazzle!

1 comment: